About this Apprenticeship
This is a unique opportunity for an apprentice to join Newport City Councilâ€™s Waste and Cleansing team. As they continue to work to achieve Welsh Governmentâ€™s 70% recycling target this is an exciting time to support the refuse, recycling and street cleansing operations and implementation of repair, reuse and circular economy initiatives across the City.
Service Area: Environment and Public Protection based within the Waste and Cleansing Team AP20
As one of the Cities largest employers, Newport City Council are looking to employ young apprentices who have the right motivation, commitment and values to work in rewarding and fulfilling roles. You will be employed by the Council and spend part of your time working for them whilst also studying to achieve the apprentice qualification. Whilst working, you will receive mentorship and guidance and support through your employment, whilst also supporting release to undertake the qualification element of the apprentice programme.
All Newport City Councils services impact on the residents of Newport and if you want to make a real difference, then please review the roles on offer, speak to the relevant managers if you wish, and donâ€™t hesitate to apply. All the apprenticeships on offer will have an advert overview, generic job description and the qualification specification.
The council also aspire to build a workforce that is representative of the communities they serve and therefore particularly encourage applications from minority ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people and disabled people, as well as care leavers. The council has a number of staff networks which offer peer support to staff from under-represented groups. If you would like to speak to a network member about what it is like working for the council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Various locations across Newport.
If you are educated to degree standard you will be ineligible to access funding at this level.
37 hours per week
Monday – Friday
Â£21,030 per annum
- Relating to operational health and safety
- Procurement and delivery of products and services
- Project management and implementation
- Data analysis
- Reporting in a public sector setting
- Provide support for administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and minute taking.
- No formal experience required for this apprenticeship, however
- Educated to GCSE Standard including Grades A*-C (or 4-8) in English and Maths.
- ICT/Digital Experience.
- A sound and rationale understanding of the apprenticeship programme being offered will be required.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Welsh Language GCSE grade A-C.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector services.
- Comfortable in Microsoft Office and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process, so please ensure you provide us with up-to-date contact details and check your messages regularly.